Department: Counseling Dept.
Job Summary: Provide responsible and accurate financial counseling to clients in a clear and concise manner in both Spanish and English to help them understand their situation, identify their options, and improve their ability to achieve their goals.
Reports to: Counselor Manager
Key areas of responsibility:
• Provide responsible and accurate credit counseling for clients via telephone or during face-to-face interview in both Spanish and English.
• Maintain communication with clients already serviced through follow-up calls or emails
• Continually adopt new information or policy changes into inventory of knowledge
• Achieve at least a passing grade on periodic exams (for example, at two weeks, two months, six months) in order to obtain certifications required by Alliance and to meet industry standards.
• Actively participate in continuing education in order to maintain certifications.
• Participate actively and productively in weekly training events.
• Achieve at least a satisfactory score on weekly quality monitor audits.
• Utilize available resources to provide appropriate referrals to other educational and support organizations for proper support services.
• Be prepared to assist as directed with mentoring and training of new counselors.
• Counselor Manager /Supervisor
• All levels of management
• Co-workers within Counseling Department
• Ability to understand and clearly communicate financial information to a general audience in both Spanish and English.
• Amiable personality to help build rapport.
• Ability to operate independently with little supervision.
• Demonstrated ability in performing detailed and accurate work.
• Demonstrated ability to work within and foster a team environment.
• General computer literacy including familiarity with Microsoft Office and email programs.
• Prefer 1 -2 years experience in Credit Counseling field or experience in non-profit organizations.
• Ability to undertake and successfully complete both self-directed and formal study within a specified timeframe.
• Ability to Multi-task.
• Enjoy learning new information and teaching others.
• Must be able to work flexible evening schedule.
Please submit resume along with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (704) 943-0363