Do you want to make the world a better place?
You can, one person at a time.
You can provide help, hope, and empowerment to those in need and helpthem to better understand correct principles and help them be more capable of living by them.
We have a limited number of openings for individuals who really want to make a difference, not just a living.
Department: Counseling Dept.
Job Summary: Provide responsible and accurate financialcounseling toclients in a clear and concise manner to help them understand theirsituation, identify their options, and improve their ability to achievetheir goals.
Reports to: Counselor Manager
Key areas of responsibility:
• Provide responsible and accurate credit counseling for clients via telephone or during face-to-face interview.
• Maintain communication with clients already serviced through follow-up calls or emails
• Continually adopt new information or policy changes into inventory of knowledge
• Achieve at least a passing grade on periodic exams (for example, at two weeks, two months, six months) in order to obtain certifications required by Alliance and to meet industry standards.
• Actively participate in continuing education in order to maintain certifications.
• Participate actively and productively in weekly training events.
• Achieve at least a satisfactory score on weekly quality monitor audits.
• Utilize available resources to provide appropriate referrals to other educational and support organizations for proper support services.
• Be prepared to assist as directed with mentoring and training of new counselors.
• Counselor Manager /Supervisor
• All levels of management
• Co-workers within Counseling Department
• Amiable personality to help build rapport.
• Ability to understand and clearly communicate financial information to a general audience.
• Ability to operate independently with little supervision.
• Demonstrated ability in performing detailed and accurate work.
• Demonstrated ability to work within and foster a team environment.
• General computer literacy including familiarity with Microsoft Office and email programs.
• Prefer one year experience in Credit Counseling field or experience in non-profit organizations.
• Ability to undertake and successfully complete both self-directed and formal study within a specified timeframe.
• Ability to Multi-task.
• Enjoy learning new information and teaching others.