The NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund can help save your home. See this video to learn how:
NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund is for the Unemployed
The NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund provides zero-interest loans. Alliance has helped nearly 1,300 homeowners with this program.
The program has multiple solutions:
- It can make monthly mortgage payments.
- It can pay all or much of the past due amount.
- It can pay up to $30,000 of a second mortgage.
The amount and length of the assistance varies. The maximum is $36,000, or 36 months.
NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund Benefits
- Make monthly mortgage payments.
- Catch up on past due amounts.
- Possible forgiveness of the loan. Check with a counselor.
- Pay off an existing second mortgage. This makes your primary mortgage more affordable.
- For second mortgages, the loan repayment is delayed 30 years. There are exceptions.
NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for the NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund:
- Have lost their job due to economic conditions.
- Have been or are eligible for unemployment compensation benefits. There are some exceptions.
- Have a mortgage that is secured by real property.
- Have had a stable employment and credit history prior to losing job.
- Be a legal resident of the U.S.
- The property must be the principal residence.
Apply for the NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund
There is a brief telephone interview to determine eligibility. If eligible, there is a more comprehensive interview.
Call today to speak to a counselor at (866) 903-2640. Or, use the form at right to send a message.
The NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund ™ is offered by the NC Housing Finance Agency. It is funded by the US Department of the Treasury’s Hardest Hit Fund ®. Additional information is available at NC Foreclosure Prevention.