Job Title: Credit Counselor – Bilingual
Department: Counseling Department
Job Summary: Provide responsible and accurate financial counseling and education in Spanish and English to clients in a clear and concise manner to help them understand their situation, identify their options, and improve their ability to achieve their goals.
Reports to: Counselor Manager
Key areas of responsibility:
- Provide responsible and accurate credit counseling for clients via telephone or during face-to-face interview in both Spanish and English.
- Maintain communication with clients already serviced through follow-up calls or emails
- Continually adopt new information or policy changes into inventory of knowledge
- Achieve at least a passing grade on periodic exams (for example, at two weeks, two months, six months) in order to obtain certifications required by Alliance and to meet industry standards.
- Actively participate in continuing education in order to maintain certifications.
- Participate actively and productively in weekly training events.
- Achieve at least a satisfactory score on weekly quality monitor audits.
- Utilize available resources to provide appropriate referrals to other educational and support organizations for proper support services.
- Be prepared to assist as directed with mentoring and training of new counselors.
- Counselor Manager /Supervisor
- All levels of management
- Co-workers within Counseling Department
- Must possess exceptional oral and written communication skills in each language
- Amiable personality to help build rapport.
- Ability to understand and clearly communicate financial information to a general audience.
- Ability to operate independently with little supervision.
- Demonstrated ability in performing detailed and accurate work.
- Demonstrated ability to work within and foster a team environment.
- General computer literacy including familiarity with Microsoft Office and email programs.
- Prefer one year experience in Credit Counseling field or experience in non-profit organizations.
- Ability to undertake and successfully complete both self-directed and formal study within a specified timeframe.
- Ability to Multi-task.
- Enjoy learning new information and teaching others.
- Clear criminal background, HS diploma or equivalent.
Submit resume along with cover letter to email@example.com
or fax to (704) 943-0363.