Job Title: Homeownership Counselor
Make the world a better place one person at a time. You can provide help, hope, and empowerment to those in need and help them to better understand correct principles and help them be more capable of living by them. We have a limited number of openings for individuals who really want to make a difference, not just a living.
Job Summary: Provide responsible and accurate financial counseling to clients in a clear and concise manner to help them understand theirsituation, identify their options, and improve their ability to achievetheir goals.
Reports to: Counselor Management
Key areas of responsibility:
- Provide responsible and accurate credit counseling for clients via telephone or during face-to-face interview.
- Maintain communication with clients already serviced through follow-up calls or emails
- Continually adopt new information or policy changes into inventory of knowledge
- Achieve at least a passing grade on periodic exams (for example, at two weeks, two months, six months) in order to obtain certifications required by Alliance and to meet industry standards.
- Actively participate in continuing education in order to maintain certifications.
- Participate actively and productively in weekly training events.
- Achieve at least a satisfactory score on weekly quality monitor audits.
- Utilize available resources to provide appropriate referrals to other educational and support organizations for proper support services.
- Be prepared to assist as directed with mentoring and training of new counselors.
- Counselor Manager /Supervisor
- All levels of management
- Co-workers within Counseling Department
- Amiable personality to help build rapport.
- Ability to understand and clearly communicate financial information to a general audience.
- Ability to operate independently with little supervision.
- Demonstrated ability in performing detailed and accurate work.
- Demonstrated ability to work within and foster a team environment.
- General computer literacy including familiarity with Microsoft Office and email programs.
- Prefer one year of experience in the Credit Counseling field or experience in non-profit organizations.
- Ability to undertake and successfully complete both self-directed and formal study within a specified timeframe.
- Ability to Multi-task.
- Enjoy learning new information and teaching others.