Alliance is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing professional personal finance education, confidential counseling, and debt reduction programs. Clients have the opportunity to negotiate an alternate payment schedule for unsecured consumer debts and Alliance can provide this service. Counseling and education are available in person and by phone; additionally, education is available through the Internet.
Services are available to anyone without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, age, or ability to pay.
All client information is held in strict confidence by Alliance in compliance with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Privacy Act, except as authorized for release by the client, or as may be required from the United States Courts or similar authorities.
Please carefully review the following requirements:
- Clients cannot register for online session after 12 pm on their 7th day. Please call Alliance to allow a counselor to assist with the registration process.
- No refunds granted after Letter of Engagement has been faxed/email to the lender.
- You are responsible for contacting your lender to verify receipt of the Letter of Engagement and Certificate of Counseling.
The counseling session could take up to 1 hour/60 mins.
FUNDING SOURCES - Alliance receives the majority of its funding from the following sources:
• Fees paid by clients for counseling services and education programs offered to the public.
• Grants from private foundations and corporations who support our counseling and educational services and programs, and from government agencies.
• Voluntary fair share contributions from some creditors related to debt management plans administered by Alliance.
• Alliance does not pay or receive fees or other consideration for the referral of clients.
COUNSELOR QUALIFICATIONS - All counselors are Alliance employees and most work full-time for the organization. Counselors obtain financial counseling certification through an approved third-party institution prior to providing counseling. Counselors comply with all continuing education requirements necessary to maintain certification. Only certified counselors are allowed to provide the required counseling and education and to issue the Certificate of Completion.
COST OF SERVICES - Alliance charges fees for some services to cover the cost of providing the service. These fees include any postage, shipping, handling, and materials. The fee is due and payable at the time of the service. We accept VISA or MasterCard branded debit cards, Money-Gram, money orders and cashier checks.
Payday Loan Sessions
A review of your circumstances during the budget briefing may determine that you are eligible for a reduced or waived fee. For example, Alliance will reduce or waive the fees for those whose household income is less than 150% of the estimated poverty threshold for their applicable family size as published by the Bureau of the Census. The fee may also be reduced or waived based on the debtor's budget analysis or other mitigating criteria. See details here.