Why Payday Loan Counseling? Payday Loan Counseling is expert advice from a trained, certified financial counselor to help minimize the cost to a borrower, help resolve the debt as quickly as possible, and break any cycle of repeating or extending the loan. The Center For Responsible Lending reports that 99% of payday loans go to repat borrowers and the average loan is flipped eight times. See our more extensive article here.
Consider The Real Cost of Payday Loans. Borrow $100.You would payback that amount plus the fee-let’s say $115. If you had to extend the loan three times, you would payback $160! If you take two months to repay it, you would pay more in fees than you borrowed.
How People Get Hooked on Payday Loans. Desperation is the most common reason people bite the payday loan hook. The idea of quick cash is tempting to someone who doesn’t think they have any other choice. But the repayment due date frequently occurs before the cash to retire the loan is available, so the payday loan is extended or repeated.
Payday Loan Counseling Offers Options. Our Counselors can help you identify alternatives to Payday Loans, and help you know how to put a plan into place. Some of the more common options are listed below:
- Ask for more time to pay your bills.
- Ask for a payroll advance from your employer.
- Ask family or friends for a small private loan.
- Look into a small loan from a credit union or small loan company.
- Look into a cash advance on a credit card.
- Look into overdraft protection on your checking account.
- Make a realistic budget or spending plan.
- Look into emergency assistance programs.
Contact a Payday Loan Counselor. You can contact an Alliance Credit Counseling financial counselor by calling 888-995-7856 or contact us using the form to the right or using this form.