NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund
NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund, which ends July 31, 2019, provides zero-interest loans. Alliance has helped over 2,000 area homeowners with this program, providing nearly $30 million in mortgage payment assistance to the Charlotte area.
Prevention Fund Benefits
- Interest free loan.
- Pay all or much of the past due amount.
- Make monthly mortgage payments.
- Catch up on past due amounts.
- Possible forgiveness of the loan.
- Pay off an existing second mortgage.
- Pay up to $30,000 of a second mortgage.
- 2nd mortgage loan repayment delayed 30 years.
*The amount and length of the assistance varies. The maximum is $36,000, or 36 months.
- Be a legal resident of the U.S.
- The property must be the principal residence.
- Have lost their job due to economic conditions.
- Have a mortgage that is secured by real property.
- Have had a stable employment and credit history prior to losing job.
- Have been or are eligible for unemployment compensation benefits. There are some exceptions.
Apply for the NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund
There is a brief telephone interview to determine eligibility. If eligible, there is a more comprehensive interview. Call today to speak to a counselor at 800-303-3797. Or, use the form at right to send a message.
About the Fund:
The NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund ™ is offered by the NC Housing Finance Agency. It is funded by the US Department of the Treasury’s Hardest Hit Fund ®. Additional information is available at NC Foreclosure Prevention.